Minimize purchasing risk Maximize safety
What do your buyers have to pay particular attention to?
The design must not be decisive
A marketability test includes much more aspects.
- What documents should be requested in order to have them available when the market surveillance authorities ask?
- What evidence should the production facility request or prove with regard to a qualitatively consistent manufacturing process?
- What should you ask the manufacturer if the products have not been subjected to a certification process (e.g. GS certification), but the manufacturer's product conformity of the guidelines to be taken into account is only expressed by the CE marking?
- What are the advantages of GS certifications or OEM certificates?
- What is type certification in contrast to GS certification?
- Should and can the manufacturer's own test reports be accepted, how should I deal with it and how should I check the correctness of the content?
- How can one recognize product modifications (component changes, impermissible components) carried out by the manufacturer and minimize the associated risk of non-conformity as far as possible?
- As an importer, what risk do I take to knowingly or unknowingly market products with non-verified component changes?
- Which procedures or tools should one use with regard to product conformity to accept trustworthy manufacturers / exporters as suppliers?
You should ask yourself these questions if you do not want to accept any unpredictable risks when marketing your products within the EU.